Will 2017 be the year when medieval becomes cool? The answer may yes, given the collaboration between the wildly successful Insomniac Events and C3 Presents. Last month, the event companies, best known for organizing Electric Daisy Carnival, Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits and more, announced that a new festival, Middlelands, will take place in Todd Mission, TX, in the spring of 2017.
After a significant amount of speculation and hype, the festival’s website, Facebook, and social media accounts are now active, accompanied by an 18-second video teasing the grounds and conceptualization of the festival grounds.
The Middlelands Festival takes place May 5th-7th, 2017, boasting three days of music, four days of camping, highly respected parent organizers, five beautiful stages and what will most likely become a stacked lineup. However, the most exciting element of the festival may turn out to be the precedent that it has the potential to set. The idea of setting a concept for festival is relatively new, especially when venturing away from the idea of fairytale utopias like what is seen at Tomorrowland. From the pirate ships, castles and art which are teased on their website, it’s clear that Middlelands has the potential to offer what has never been done before in the world of festivals.
With earlybird tickets now on sale, camping options available, and a highly anticipated lineup release, festivalgoers have the opportunity to experience what may turn into one of the most successful festivals of 2017. As the festival’s website requests, “Dance, dream, and have the time of your life. None of this would be possible without you.”
2017 Camping Options will Include:
· General Camping at Fellowship Field
· RV Camping at The Wheelhouse
· Arbor Lane Camping – Set along rows of towering trees and beautiful greenery
· Arbor Court Preferred Camping – Arbor Lane locations closest to the main festival entrance offering early entry for setup and the ability to choose your camping lot
· Forest Camping at Shady Glade – A cluster of camps in a scenic wooded forest for a close-to-nature experience
· Group Camping – Festival attendees are encouraged to get together in reserved group camping areas to deck out their sites with themed decor
· Sound Camps – Bring your own sound system (or the festival can provide you with one) and show off your skills to fellow festivalgoers. All-night parties are encouraged in this area, with respect to surrounding neighbors
· Quiet Camping – For those looking for a more serene option
· Premier Camping at King’s Grounds – Four premier camping options that offer multiple styles of pre-built tents and dedicated arrival lanes. Also includes Wi-Fi, snacks, showers and 24-hour concierge services
· Ultimate Camping at Royal Manors – Campers will be able to reserve elaborately themed motor coaches and star wagons for lodging during their stay, in addition to amenities like a private bar and lounge, 24-hour snack station, free massages, coffee & juice bar, a personal concierge, and complimentary VIP passes
Early Bird General Admission and VIP tickets as well as Camping passes for Middlelands will go on sale Thursday, November 10 at 12 PM CT and will be available for purchase at www.middlelands.com