Melodic bass artist Illenium recently took to Reddit to talk about his musical influences, upcoming album, stolen laptop and more. His last album, Ashes, was released in 2016, but he has kept fans happy with several singles, such as his recent collaboration with Kerli, “Sound of Walking Away.” Now, there is a lot more to be excited about as he reveals some major news. Check out the best moments from Illenium’s Reddit AMA below.
1. He has some interesting influences, including edIT from The Glitch Mob’s Crying Over Pros For No Reason, Bassnectar, and more. “I think you can hear it a lot in the new album. Trying to revamp fall tour with all original stuff and lots more live stuff.”
2. His current recommendations include up-and-comer K?d and RL Grime.
3. He got his start from SoundCloud, and then transitioned to Spotify and YouTube as the industry changed later on.
4. If he could have his music critiqued by anyone, it would be Kaskade.
5. His upcoming album is almost done and will be released late summer.
6. He never got his stolen laptop back. :/
7. He’s 100% down to collaborate with Porter Robinson and Madeon.
8. He has five collaborations on the way, including one with bass legends Zeds Dead.