Bassnectar‘s AMA yesterday afternoon has racked up over 3,500 comments by now. I’m not sure if that’s some kind of Reddit record, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it is. Many important questions were asked, such as “How do you come up with [a] setlist?” and “How does all that hair fit in such a tiny bun?” (The second one being quite a valid inquiry.)
Instead of sifting through thousands of comments, check out the 10 most eye-opening things we took away from Bassnectar’s first official AMA of 2017 below.
1. If he wasn’t making music, he would be “a high school history teacher or a guidance counselor.” He also revealed some more educational background.
2. He’s getting rid of the stage for Freestyle Sessions 2017 in favor of a “omni directional” space.
3. He loves Einstein.
4. He often has five hours worth of music prepared for a one hour time slot.
5. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is one of his favorite TV shows.
6. His team started touring as a rock band around 2005 and his focus this year is to “explore life off grid as a human.”
7. He got some backlash for a recent remix, but he is determined to prove the haters wrong.
8. He fucking loves his fans. And thinks it’s “FAKE NEWS” that they are anything less than “ultra amazing.” Killer reference.
9. He grew up on a commune and follows a pretty healthy diet when he can. (Except for when he became a stoner in high school and ate junk food, proving that he is also relatable AF.)
10. He doesn’t like pineapple on his pizza. But, he will have about “one glass a day” of Cabernet Sauvignon, so I will forgive him for being unaccepting of the world’s greatest pizza topping.
Bonus: If you weren’t aware, he has a downtempo project in the works. Hopefully we’ll be hearing some NAUX FAUX tunes soon!
Check out Bassnectar’s brand new EP, Reflective, below.